Friday, May 15, 2009

Eggs Anyone?

Eggs to Americans are scrambled, over easy, over medium, over hard or hard boiled. In Europe eggs are generally served soft boiled resting in an egg cup, covered by an egg warmer (a quilted or felt cover that keeps your egg warm. I encountered this the first time I travelled to Europe about 12 years ago. It was wonderful! However, upon returning to the states, it is not something I ever entertained doing.

My Mom in the my recent past directed me to the beautiful, delicate and elaborate needlework designs of Martina Weber, also known as Chatelaine ( http://chatelaine-design.de/ ). I have ordered several of her designs and while I am still drooling over all of them I have not yet started one. One day a ways back in a Chatelaine Yahoo Group, a discussion came up regarding Eierwärmers or Egg Warmers(Cozies) and how expensive they were. Long story made short, I offered to make her some.

This project has resulted in me deciding to make her two sets. One set for fall and winter, another for spring and summer. The needlework is done and I am working on quilting them now. Here is a peek at how they look:




1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Love the title. I love your chickens too. I'm off to Fat Cat Designs to get my pattern and take a stab at making some for myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete