Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perseverance

While on our vacation at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch my son, Jordan, made me very, very proud. Most of the horse rides offered at TVR are walking trail rides. In order to participate in the more advanced loping trail rides you have to pass a lope test judged by one of the ranch's wranglers. To practice, they offer lessons.

Jordan, with his heart of gold, took lessons every day (sometimes twice a day) to try and pass the lope test. He did not get discouraged when they did not pass him, he only worked harder.

The greater lesson in this is to not give up, nothing worth accomplishing comes easily. I find it incredible that he should learn such a lesson at the tender age of 14. Many never learn this in their entire life.

Good things come to those who persevere... I will say it again, Jordan I am very proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment